Today we finished up the summer assessment activity then proceeded to discuss the Pre-Columbian American peopling of the US and used a societies activity to unpack some of the early Native American - European contact and conflicts. We will continue our exploration of these topics tomorrow and Monday, but for tonight, I want you to continue evaluating the textbook treatment of the Pre-Columbian peopling of the Americas by reading the attached textbook excerpts. Comment in the comments below answering the questions below based on what you have read and learned to date.
· Which accounts most closely resemble the account from the American Pageant?
· Which accounts most closely resemble the accounts from the current research you read in class?
· Which accounts report other explanations of the peopling of America from outside the field of History?
· Which account do you think is the most accurate and reliable? Why?
· Which account do you think is the most readable and effective? Why?
Don't forget Chapter 2 notes are due tomorrow as are your binder and your student information sheet/honor code acknowledgement form! If we don't have school tomorrow, check back here for further instructions!